Best Shoes For Being On Your Feet All Day
Active Parent – The Best Shoes For Being On Your Feet All Day
If you are the parent on young children, you know that it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon. When your little ones are on the go, you are as well. You need the best shoes for being on your feet all day, whether you’re headed to school, practice, or just across the living room! Here are some features to look for in a shoe, whether you find yourself at home or outside. We’ve also found shoes for each category to get you started. You’ll have everything you need to make a great selection of shoe, no matter what your destination.
Best Playground Shoes
If you spend a lot of time at the playground, the park, zoo, or any other outdoor space with the kids, you’ll want the best shoes for being on your feet all day in the grass, the sand box, or walkways of your favorite local spots. These shoes have to be up to the challenge – versatile and safe so you can keep up with the kids, and keep you comfortable.
- If you’re looking for an outdoor shoe, look for something that’s got plenty of traction – a sneaker or light hiking boot is a great option. Look for something with deep treads to provide plenty of grip. This will ensure whether you’re climbing trees or walking along trails, you’ll have a safe purchase on your footing. This same advice is also good for the kids!
- The best shoes for being on your feet all day should also keep your feet dry. Look for moisture-wicking materials for hot summer days out and about, or for instances where the weather turns on you. Getting feet dry quickly can be a major plus if you don’t have access to another pair right away!
- Washability is a big plus when you’re exploring. Look for a pair of shoes that won’t suffer damage on a trip through the washer and dryer. Make sure your kicks are washer safe, and you’ll always have them fresh and ready to go on the next big journey.
The Salomon XA Pro trail running shoe. This shoe is the best shoe for being on your feet all day if your destination is the great outdoors. These shoes, designed for cross-training runners and other all-terrain athletes (moms and dads included!), are a great mix of moisture-wicking synthetic upper, trail-gripping outsole, and EVA midsoles for extra stabilization. They are great for pronation issues, so you’ll end the day without the aches and pains associated with less supportive footwear. These shoes have antimicrobial technology for when your fun turns up the heat, and extra tread protection on heels and toes for when your day out takes a turn off-course. These are an excellent choice as an all-around shoe for all your family adventures.
Best House Shoes
Most stay-at-home parents know that going barefoot isn’t a good idea, and yet it’s one of the most common reasons for developing repetitive stress injuries such as plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. If you spend a good deal at home with the kids, it’s still important to find the best shoes for being on your feet all day in the house.
- Look for a pair with a supportive instep and proper structure in order to stabilize your feet and disburse your weight evenly as you play with the kids or attend to running the household. There’s a lot to do to keep a house running!
- With the exception of some orthopedic-design sandals, open footwear and flip-flops may be good for a quick run out to the car or the mailbox, but in general do not provide enough support for your feet during extended periods of standing or walking.
- If being on your feet all day can take you in the house or outside – look for something more suitable and supportive that still gives you easy-on and off design. An open-backed clog or a dock shoe is a nice option for instances where you want to take shoes on and off without having to hassle with laces.
The Sketchers GoWalk2 line. These shoes are everything you could want in a house-shoe: They are some of the best shoes for being on your feet all day while at home, come in great color combinations, and they’re easy to grab and dash with – they feature easy pull-on design, a super-comfortable insole with lightweight design, ample treading, and an anti-microbial liner in the bed for when you just don’t have time to find those elusive matching socks!